Monday, April 14, 2008

Baby's OK

My OB appointment this morning was almost routine. Everything seems normal except for the spotting that doesn't seem to want to go completely away. She tried to find the heart beat but was unable. It is early to be able to find it but I was really hoping for some comforting sounds. It's driving me crazy to be spotting all the time. When she couldn't find the heart beat I was naturally concerned and couldn't imagine waiting another four weeks to try again and find out if the baby is truly ok. I was relieved that she sent me for an ultrasound. The ultrasound tech was concerned that he may be the bearer of bad news. He turned the screen so I couldn't see until he knew what was going on. He immediately found a very healthy baby and showed me. Baby was bouncing around and looked great! The heart beat was a very healthy 167 beats per minute. Could that be another confirmation of a girl? (rapid beat?) He snapped me a few pictures, did the required measurements and sent me back to the doctor with the report. I was delighted! Deep down I think I knew everything would be ok but the confirmation was powerful. Now we just go on as we've been and wait until the next thing happens. Hopefully that will be another great check up in four weeks. This baby seems determined to hang in there and I plan to do my part by listening to my body and doing what it tells me to do. Thanks for all the support I feel from everyone!

1 comment:

Holli said...

What a relief! That was a pretty suspenseful blog, Kris! I'm so glad that all is well. Keep up the good work.