Thursday, October 1, 2009

H1N1

Don't know for sure if we have it..... but what the heck else could it be?! They only test you here if you're in the hospital with it......

It started last Saturday with Melanie. She had fever, aches and lethargy. Then, Sunday Westley had diarhea. They both stayed home from school Monday and Tuesday. Wednesday, Westley went back to school having been free from signs of illness for 24 hours. In the meantime, Laura started with fever on Tuesday, closely followed by Benjamin. James held out until Wednesday. He stayed home from school starting then. Melanie felt better and had no fever for 24 hours so I sent both Mel and West to school today. After school, West had fever! Now I've got it! We're managing with the symptoms at home and haven't gone to the doctor yet. Not sure what else they could do for a viral illness. While anoying, the symptoms seem to be manageable. Fever, aches, chills, headache, fatigue, cough, grumpiness. We're just drinking LOTS of fluids and resting as much as possible. I'm trying to hang in till the weekend. Melanie's fever is gone but her cough is constant today. Most likely we will all be staying home tomorrow. Wish I could take Laura to school, she'll be missing picture day with her class.... but she still has fever....... Is my desire to have her cute little face in the shot with her class more important than the health of all the kids in her class? I don't think so..... This is one idea I'll just have to let go.

No comments: