I am completely delighted to announce that my Laura is potty trained!!!!!! I can hardly believe it!!! We've had only two accidents in the last 5 days!! That includes being out shopping and at baseball games!!! YEA!!!!
Here's how it happened. . .
I bought her some skittles. I showed them to her at the store and she loved the idea of eating that huge bag of candy. I said it's only for little girls who use the potty. She thought about this for a while and seemed to decide that it wasn't for her. At home, she wasn't interested in pottying.
What did I do about that? Virtually nothing. I'm tired and pregnant after all, I'll bother with potty training another day. . .
Here's what happened next. . .
I was on the phone with Holli. I usually use the speaker so I can hear better. That also means anyone else in the room can hear everything too. (Don't worry sisters and friends! I move to a private room if it's a private conversation!!! LOL! ) We got on the subject of potty training as we both have toddlers within a month in age of each other. She was having great success and I was expressing my frustration. Laura was listening. When I mentioned that I intended to give her candy after she potties, Laura got excited and ran to the bathroom. I was surprised but excited. I kept my promise and paid her 2 skittles for pee (also for attempts) and 4 for poo. She thought that was marvelous and pottied about 5 times that first day. We kept her in pull ups for another day after that. We now have completely switched to panties and she only wears pull ups for bedtime at night (though she wakes up dry every day!) She's so good at it that she forgets to get her candy sometimes! She doesn't talk in a way anyone would understand her so she uses signs. With her signs she can tell me when she needs to go and has pottied at the ball park and at the store and at the restaurant! (She really hates Walmart toilets - who doesn't?) For the big comercial toilets, we sit her on the side and it works great! I had to buy her some new panties because the first set I bought months ago are already too small.
She's so proud of herself and we're so proud of her too!!! With her signs she tell us to look at her muscles, she's so big, and she's big like her sister Melanie. We always give high fives. This has to be the easiest potty training we've ever done! She already seemed to know how to do it all! She never forgets to wipe, flush and wash! She makes parenting look easy!
The up side of her always wanting to go potty? Mom is pregnant and usually needs a potty break too!!!
Hurrah for Laura!!!!
Solo una bandera 1951 Descargar Película Completa Gratis
-
[hd-1080p] Solo una bandera (1951) Película completa en español latino mega
videos líñea, ver Película el Red Mountain 1951 completa en español latino,
ver...
6 years ago
3 comments:
Oh, wow! I was wondering what ever became of that. Isn't it funny how they just do it when they're ready? And, it doesn't hurt when you know their currency. I'll have to remember that Laura likes skittles.
PS: What are the signs for the different body functions? I ask because I wish that Gabi would sign what she needs to do. It's kind of embarassing when she's screaming that she needs to poop in the middle of church or the store.
Hey Holli,
Signing that you need to potty is not as hard as you may think. I don't know of a differential between pee and poo. To sign you need to potty you hold up your right hand with your thumb tucked under your index finger and make a fist. Shake your hand back and forth like your fist is a head nodding yes. That means, I need to potty in its most basic form. Of course it could get more detailed with actually saying "I want to .... right now please!" but that would take longer to describe. There are tons of books out there for toddler signing and the best videos are called Signing Time. There are 13 volumes in the first set and about 7 in the second. She's come out with board books and other things too. The web site is easy to find with a search for Signing Time. Hope that helps!
I am so proud of Laura, Yeah for her, and you. I am so glad to be out of the diaper business. I do miss having a baby though. I babysat yesterday a I guess 4 or so month old and an 18 month old (aunt and neice) they were so sweet, I will just borrow them when I need a fix. Glad to hear that baby is ok. Love ya!
Post a Comment