Thursday, October 9, 2008

Nope, still not done yet!

OK. I think it's getting a bit ridiculous now. The past two nights I went to be completely sure that I would awake to the obvious signs of impending birth. I wake only to realize I was wrong yet again. Two nights ago, I contracted consistently for an hour at ten minutes apart. Last night, I contracted five minutes apart, got up and scrubbed my kitchen floor with vinegar, drank a bunch and the contractions went down to twenty minutes. I jumped on the trampoline, took a hot bath and tried to relax and stop obsessing. The contractions went to four minutes apart. This lasted for half an hour. They slowed down so I decided to try and sleep. I fully expected to wake up in major labor. Nope. I did have five good ones during the night that woke me up. They weren't very close together. Today, I focused on running errands, post office, groceries, power walking at Wal-Mart, visited the clinic and spoke to the OB nurse. She encouraged me to come in this evening if things start up again. If I consistently contract for one hour at ten minutes or less in frequency, they'll keep me and we'll have our baby. She also explained the local hospital's check in procedure, something I had neglected to ask about earlier. I'm also to keep tabs on Benji's activity levels and watch for signs of distress or inactivity. All this contracting isn't great for his comfort levels either. So, I go on with my routine, taking note of the contractions that are annoyingly inconsistent but persistent none the less. 5 min, 15 min, 30 min, 20 min, 7 min, 45 min, UUUUUGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! Enough already! Knowing that with just the slightest boost, I could get a green light for delivery only adds to the temptation to help things along with my little bag of tricks. My uterus seems to need a jump start or something, it just can't get it going on it's own! I could be like this until I'm mostly dilated! Today would be a good birthday too...... 10-9-08! Hilarious right? It's a count down! OK the fact that I just mentioned that as a possible reason to push this thing forward is revealing a bit of the crazy I'm feeling right now. I hate feeling out of control!!!!! At any rate, I have no doubt that I'll have my baby before the weekend is over by whatever means necessary. Count on it.

2 comments:

Holli said...

We need to have a pool on when you'll have the baby. I'm going to place my bet on October 13th.

:)

Stay tough, Sis. This is all part of the plan...

Holli said...

Can't wait to see pics of the new little bundle!