Saturday, July 25, 2009

Finally Starting to See the Light!!!

Well, not exactly, the lights won't be on until the sheet rock goes in...

Yeah, I'm talking about my family room remodel we were forced to do by Mother Nature! We had a South East Texas rainstorm in the northern Arizona desert back on May 22. My new roof just couldn't take it. We had a water fall going down the entire back wall of the family room. It was amazing to behold and I'd post a pic but that's on a disc somewhere due to a hard drive crash. Anyway, we had to gut the ceiling and the back wall down to the studs.

Since then, I've been a prisoner in my own home..... just kidding.... I've been waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting........

We did a little this and that but no real progress was happening. Finally we think we have the roof fixed so it seems it's safe to start putting it all back together.

Ryan and I spent the day insulating the whole thing...

Tonight we're having quite a thunderstorm and finally some rain to go with it... we'll see for sure.

Monday, a crew will come and put up the sheet rock. We could do it ourselves but it would take us a lot longer. These guys will get it done in one day... except for texture...

Right after that, the electricians will finish off our fixtures and we'll have the lights on again! Yea!

A little flooring and some furniture and my house will no longer be held hostage! Yeah!

Cross your fingers folks, I really really need this to all work out... for the sake of my sanity! LOL!

2 comments:

Holli said...

Kristie, I'm so glad to hear this. You sound so much better... How's life? :)

Klevrkris said...

Hanging in... school starts next week and I hope to get a lot more done.