Thursday, November 5, 2009

Ryan's Hernia Surgery

About two weeks ago, while running, Ryan had a stab of pain and had to walk home. The pain didn't go away so he went to the doctor. He had a significant hernia. Surgery was scheduled. Yesterday morning, it was repaired. We were both nervous. He had a blessing and that helped a lot. It took longer than we thought. There was some scar tissue in the way. They had to use a piece of "mesh" a flexible fabric type sheet to sew in the patch. He's in for a longer recovery than either of us could have expected. He's in a lot of pain and has difficulty moving with any amount of speed or flexibility. With enough rest and no heavy lifting, he'll be right as rain in no time! As he was coming out of the anesthesia, he spoke on a short list of themes. He was a little out of it but was completely sincere. It was like a pure testimony of the deepest, most important things to him. I felt privileged to witness it. Here's an imperfect glimpse..... There is a God. I feel so blessed. Modern medicine is wonderful. I have a beautiful family. I love you. Kiss me. ........ So very sweet! What a wonderful husband I have! Feel better my sweet love!

No comments: