Monday, February 15, 2010

Reality Check

On my very romantic Valentine's Date, I happened to glance in the mirror at the restaurant. WHAT!?! Horror!!!! OH MY GOSH!!! Is that really me? Do I really look like that? Has someone replaced my mirrors at home with trick, skinny mirrors? Without getting all depressed about it or anything, I finally realize that I MUST do something about my weight. Yeah, I've known for a while that I should do something about it but I truly hadn't seen the reality of it. I honestly didn't know I looked all that big to anyone. Everyone has been perfectly accepting of me exactly like I am. I've been going about my life in complete denial! I have also come to the realization that I must do the work for myself. I can't blame anyone but me. I can't get a quick fix. There's no magic pill or magic surgery that will have the desired results. Only one thing will do.... focused concentration and lots of sweat. In honor of my new acknowledgment of reality..... I joined a few of my local gal pals at church for an hour of stretching, aerobics, abbs, etc. Ben came along and enjoyed wandering around, playing with the other little tykes and being my weights. He liked the combination hug Ben, do push ups the most. I even ate healthy today. I fully intend to keep up the hard work. I also intend to continue attending Curves. Ryan and I have decided to go on evening walks together. Ahhh.... life is good when you realize you can take control of it and make it exactly what you want it to be! Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Kristal B. said...

I love your positive attitude. Good luck!

Holli said...

Kristie, you are an inspiration! I know you can do it!