Saturday, August 23, 2008

Back To Life, Back To Reality!

Summer is over. My house guests are all gone. No more vacation from schedules and appointments. Life has returned to reality at breakneck speed!

My four children are all in school. Busy, busy, busy. Two different campuses and three sets of homework every day. The new teachers are well liked so far and there have been no major incidents to report as of yet.

Baby Benji is still cooking away in the womb. I'm 31 weeks and counting! I'm so glad to have made it this far. It seems like things are basically normal in the pregnant department. I'll likely deliver a full term baby and knock on wood that it all goes well!

Gestational diabetes has been manageable. No medications for now. Just have to completely go off sugars and ramp up my fibers and proteins. No big with all the fabulous sugar free products and high fiber products out there.

Latest pregnant gripe. . .
My allergies are acting up. I already take everything they allow. I can't add steroids with the diabetes or it's a guarantee I'll be on insulin. Currently the allergy is manifesting as itchy red patches around my eyes and mouth/chin area. Not impossible to live with just constantly annoying. As a result, I had to stop using my acne products (generic Proactiv from Walmart). The products burn the itchy areas and make them worse. I switched to a completely hypoallergenic soap instead. The consequence of this? You guessed it. . . ZIT CITY!!! Yeah for me! Good thing there's only 5-8 more weeks to go!

The remodel is coming along quite well. Our contractor got sick and we have to do the finishing ourselves. Very satisfying work but equally exhausting. The end is in sight and as promised, I will eventually put up photos.

Baby prep is on hold until the remodel is done. All things hinge on moving into the new space to make space for baby Benji. The crib I borrowed has no hardware and the current dilemma, should I order replacement hardware or just borrow a different crib from a different friend? Hmmmm. . . I just don't know yet.

Latest freak out? I have two boys with birthdays coming up soon, possibly during baby birth drama, and I'm not ready. No energy to shop at the store (not even Walmart!). Getting too close for comfort to order off the net. I'd better get cracking! Any suggestions for a gift for an eleven year old genius and a six year old brilliant autistic?

Later. . . . . .must sleep now!

2 comments:

Holli said...

Glad to hear an update! I sent you an email. Did you get it?>

Klevrkris said...

Just got it today. Thanks!