Monday, August 4, 2008

Sharing My Favorite Things

The visits from my sisters have reminded me of how blessed I am.

I live in a gorgeous part of the country. I have access to some amazing scenery and people. It can be taken for granted if I'm not careful. Seeing the awe in the faces of my sisters and feeling their joy and wonder renews my gratitude for the blessing it is to live here.

I have loved showing them around and sharing my favorite sights and events.

My husband is a dentist. It has given me great joy to share access to his skill and talent for their benefit.

My children have gotten to know my sisters. Sharing them and seeing their world grow is wonderful. The bonds created will always be treasured.

My autistic son, Westley has particularly bonded with Holli. She has an instinct for him and he knows it. He calls her "My Friend." He has genuine conversations with her, sharing insight into his thoughts and feelings that even I don't always get to hear.

This makes me very happy. Thank you for coming and being part of my life here if only for a short while. I'll treasure this time always.

No comments: