Thanks to Holli, and her instructions (I'm not very techno-savvy) I now know how to add pictures on my blog. I thought I'd start by sharing my discovery of our special little surprise with you.
We first found out I was pregnant after some drama that I have previously described. The ultrasound confirmed what I couldn't believe otherwise. Here's the picture of our first look at the little boy destined to be our baby #5. . .
3/16/08
One month later, after the doctor couldn't find the heart beat, we hand another look. . .
4/14/08
The most recent ultrasound came at the usual and customary time. The tech let us have a 3-D look at our little guy. It's very clear compared to the normal view. At just 20 weeks gestation, he has no fat and appears a little sunk in. He is perfectly normal and this view gives a great look at his face. He has his dad's brow ridge. Isn't he a cutie!?
6/12/2008
Here's a picture of the rest of us taken in February at Melanie's baptism. I was pregnant in this picture, but had no idea! Who do you think baby looks like?
This last picture was taken of just the kids back at Easter time. From the left you see Laura (age 2), James (age 10), Melanie (age 8), and Westley (age 5). Naming baby #5 is no small task. The current front runners are Andrew, Daniel, and Jacob. Middle names and combinations are beyond us at this point. Clearly Emily Lynn will not work though it felt like the perfect name before we discovered our baby is a boy. Any suggestions are welcomed. We like to use a name of some significance (relative or friend we feel close to) and another name to go with it that sounds good and we like. We also like names that can be shortened into nick names that would give our children options to choose for themselves later in life. There's also a pattern that sort of developed with the four we have now. J flipped is an L. M flipped is a W. James and Laura have the same number of letters. Melanie and Westley have the same number of letters. We didn't exactly plan it that way but it was a cool discovery. How do we include our new addition in the pattern? Since Laura is a signer, we don't want to reuse the same first letters as it would be confusing for her to use the baby's name if it somewhat looked like her other sibling's names. At any rate, it's fun to pick names even if boy names are hard for us. It somewhat shapes the personality. Again, any suggestions are welcomed and encouraged! ;)
1 comment:
Wow! I love the pictures. It's like going from black and white to color! Fabulous.
In regards to the name, I like Jacob (it's Kyle's middle name) but, it starts with a J, like James so I wonder how that would work for Laura.
For boys names, I like Samuel. Wasn't he a great prophet? And, it could be after his cousin Samm or Robert whose middle name is Samuel. I also like Benjamin. Those two names could be shortened to nick names - Sam and Ben. I also like Isaac, Oliver, Seth, Caleb, and Ethan.
Those are my suggestions. But, when it comes to names, sometimes I think the baby's name themselves. When you stumble across the right one, it will ring true.
Post a Comment