Tuesday, June 3, 2008

So Far So Good!

Well, after a semi productive weekend with most of the work falling on my Ryan's shoulders, there has been progress on the remodel. The garage is virtually empty. There is a trailer full of garbage waiting to be hauled to the dump. My house is full of all the things from the garage that we couldn't live without for a while. I have a long list of items for Ryan to move to the storage unit we're renting. Our handyman is supposed to call us back tonight with his labor estimate and I'll go sometime today or tomorrow and order the materials from our local lumber store. There's still a ton of work to do but it seems to be moving along.

We had to move our cats outside. We have three very spoiled cats of various ages. They weren't too pleased at first but seem to be adjusting. There's just not a good place to keep their litter inside anymore. I'm not sure what we'll do for the winter when keeping them outside will no longer work. I have a few ideas but they're not perfected yet and have to be put off for the other more pressing projects.

I've spent the last three days trying to get the kids to clean out their rooms and last night they finally "finished." I can of course see a hundred ways they could improve their spaces further but after a massive effort on their part, I must admit they've likely done what can be done with the limited space they have. I can't wait to get all those toys out of there!!!

I have a baby shower for a friend of mine that I'm helping host tonight. We're playing the concentration candy bar game. Each pregnancy related match goes with a certain candy bar. Words like engorgement are matched with candy like Mounds! It's a fun game that I've played with other groups before. I just hope the area I live in now has ladies with a sense of humor. Judging by their waist lines, none of them will be too interested in all the candy prizes. At any rate, my friend will hopefully get some great stuff. I confess I look forward to it being over. Lately being responsible for events is really taxing!

This Thursday and Friday, I have to go to cub scout day camp. I'm on the committee and they've asked me to do the t-shirt stamping craft. I really enjoy that kind of stuff but don't exactly know where my fabric stamping pads are. I ordered some more but am worried they may not get here in time. The nearest store that sells that kind of thing is 2.5 to 3 hours away and we just didn't get out of town last weekend. I'll figure something out, I always do. The hardest part is going to be having my three younger kids there with me. I haven't exactly looked for a babysitter yet and plan to try today but am not optimistic. Our regular sitter is out of town. My favorite sitter is often busy. The recommended alternative is someone I haven't met. These two days are full days and I'd rather not pay for all that sitting anyway! Somehow it will work out and like the baby shower, I'll be glad when it's over.

Still in pajamas at 9am! I really need to get my summer groove on!

2 comments:

Holli said...

Congrats! It sounds like you guys are super busy.

So, how are the cats doing outside? I'm dying to hear your alternative cat-keeping ideas!

And, pajamas at 9 a.m.? HA! I've stayed in mine 10 minutes before Kyle got home. And, some days - I was still in them when he got in. My theory is that if I don't have to go anywhere - why get dressed? Probably not healthy but, oh well...

Klevrkris said...

Yeah Holli, I do enjoy my PJs. They're so comfortable! Not much is these days. I did buy some new maternity shirts so I finally have incentive to get dressed in the morning! LOL!

The cats are ok. They vary between tolerating it and loving it. The hot days are hard as are the rainy and windy days. They have discovered our crawl space and seem ok with hiding out there when uncomfortable. I thought I could let them come and go but they get so filthy! I'd have to give them a bath every time they come in! I think we'll get through the summer this way and perhaps have to change things for winter. I LOVE not having all the fur everywhere.

Can't wait to see you!