Sunday, June 29, 2008

Sorry for the recent absence. . .

We have been in the middle of those things previously mentioned as about to begin. I have wanted to share the details of our remodel by video and photo but have not successfully downloaded the video after three valiant attempts. I will continue to try and make it work so you can see what we're doing. If I am not successful, I will make some still shots for you to see.

The other "beginnings" are moving along as well. . .

I am now 23 weeks into my fifth pregnancy. Not too many complaints at this time but I can tell that my older body is not as spry as it was when I was pregnant with my first. The second half of my pregnancy journey will be interesting to say the least! Last night I had my first swollen fingers experience. I didn't do anything particularly notable to bring this on, I was simply sitting up at the computer planning my Sharing Time lesson. I haven't been able to tolerate wearing jewelry for months now so thankfully my wedding ring wasn't on to cut any circulation off. LOL! After leading my children in a floor scrubbing party which had a beautiful result on our tile and our children (who gained a greater appreciation of a job well done), I was barely able to walk for about three days! I got around OK, but it was definitely a Tylenol dependent exercise in patience! I continue to be too hot. No matter what temperature I find myself in, I can't feel cool. To turn my thermostat down any further is to risk burning out our HVAC! My family complains of being cold while I have a constant heat rash on my neck! Let me tell you, it's quite lovely to look at too! I thought acne was bad! ;) My hair and nails are growing at break neck speed. I can't wait for another hair cut and don't be surprised if I do a major chop job on it! Thank goodness short is in right now. I'm grateful that summer footwear is acceptable everywhere, I haven't worn closed toed anything in months! I love the sandals whose straps are actually elastic, plenty of room for my hot and uncomfortable feet. Haven't seen them swell yet but they are loving the breathable roominess of my sandals. I'm not sleeping that well but feel somewhat grateful for the late night baby prep I get from becoming used to less sleep. My dreams continue to be wildly entertaining, it's like a cinema performance every night! Unfortunately they aren't sticking well to my memory; I'm sure I could make money producing them!

The attempt to qualify West for at-home helps and therapies is ongoing. It is a slow process. At this time, all the interviews and paperwork have been completed. Now I wait for a panel of docs in the big city to look it all over and decide. How I wish I could be in that meeting and make my case face to face! I feel nervous about our chances. It could go either way. Aah, patience, that great mysterious virtue that is so necessary to all things. I could use a few infusions a day!

I'll try not to let so much time pass before you hear from me again. As always, thank you for your comments, your support has been invaluable.

1 comment:

Holli said...

I love hearing about the little nuiances of your pregancy. It brings back memories! :) But, I'm glad all is well and things are progressing.