Wednesday, July 9, 2008

New Eyes for James!

My husband feels that my last entry was a bit weird. After re-reading it, I don't know if it makes much sense. In defense of myself, I was very tired when I wrote it. The point is, I've had a lot of memories of my past flash to mind lately. Nothing too trippy or anything, just a flood of memories. Likely hormonally driven.

Anyway, something exciting happened today. James got his first pair of contact lenses! He's so very excited. He looks great too! I love glasses and will always feel that he looks great with them on, but I had forgotten how striking James eyes are. He'll be in trial lenses for a week and if no adjustments need to be made, he'll have his disposable pack in a few weeks. He's excited to wear them to school, at sports, for piano and violin. He's convinced he'll see better with the added peripheral vision. He's wanted them for about 8 months now. We finally gave in and took him to the doc, half expecting the doc to say he was too young. Much to James' delight, the doc finds him mature enough to handle the responsibility. It's a fun new adventure for him! I know he'll do just fine with contacts, and perhaps they won't break as fast as his glasses.

2 comments:

Holli said...

Hooray for James! His example just might be the motivation I need to try out contacts for myself. If I can just get over the ooky eye touching stuff...

PS I liked your last post. It was extremely creative and clever - and that's your signature, isn't it?

Holli said...

Oh, by the way, we need to talk soon...

:)