The remodel isn't quite complete but like most people who remodel, I moved in as soon as it was livable. We passed final inspection about two weeks ago. We spent the time since then putting down flooring and painting. Now that the bulk of the painting is done and the flooring is done, I can use the space. It still lacks floor trim in two of the four spaces. All door trim and floor trim in three rooms will need to be painted. The pocked door needs hardware and the attic access needs trim and paint. Touch up painting is needed in a few places and the laundry room lacks a few shelves. I can live with these little incomplete areas for a while. Gradually, they'll be completed. We've moved in and are using all the spaces we created and it's wonderful!!! I've always dreamed of a mud room like this one! I have my dream laundry room! My pantry is wonderful (someday I'll have my dream food storage rotating shelves.) The toy room is a mess, as all toy rooms should be but it's wonderful to have a place for the kids to go. By this weekend my house will be cleaned in a way we haven't required ourselves to do while building the remodel. My job is the inside, Ryan is working on the back porch which has taken the brunt of the remodel garbage. I feel so great! I'm so glad we've gotten to this point! It is soothing all my nesting instincts and giving me hope that I'll have a decent home to bring a newborn home to. I haven't taken the final pictures yet. I'll wait for the trim and paint to be finished. I'll post a picture story when that is done. My wonderful husband Ryan has been a real trouper through all this. He's gained skills and has a lot to be proud of as he did quite a bit of the work. Thanks Ryan!
1 comment:
Yes! That's awesome. Just in time for Benji.
Post a Comment