Sunday, September 28, 2008

Are We There YET???

I'm 36 weeks along in this pregnancy. For a long time, we didn't dare to hope that I'd get this far. It is a tremendous relief to me that I am finally far enough along that baby Benji can come any time now and be considered full term and most likely will be healthy. I think I'm ready. The house is looking much better since we've moved into our remodel. Those areas that had suffered from over stuffing to make room for all the construction are finally getting cleared out. I've been able to focus on pure nesting. All of Benji's clothes are washed and neatly folded. My hospital bags are packed to perfection. No, I still don't have a crib set up. The UPS tracking has it sitting somewhere in Phoenix as of yesterday. I expect it will get here by tomorrow or Tuesday at the latest. My dad is building a cradle and will be bringing it to us mid-October along with my mom for a two week visit. I look forward to seeing them. I've been systematically scrubbing - literally - the house. My current project is the tiled floor. It's everywhere. The grout should be a light grey, nearly white color but it has become brown in the most high traffic areas. Battery powered scrubber combined with vinegar and borax is doing a beautiful job of restoring each grout line and tile. It will take a few days as I'm only able to do a few rows a day. I've completed the scrubbing of the hallway bathroom and the master shower. I've restored our kitchen cabinets to a reasonable shine. The carpets will be my likely next target. The family room and living room have nearly white carpet. With four rambunctious kids, they don't stand a chance. Eventually they'll be replaced with a dark hardwood. For now, I'm dying to scrub those black spots out. My rainbow vacuum and carpet cleaner will do the trick. I've re-tamed the bookshelves and want the couches taken apart and vacuumed. I can hardly sit still with the urges to get all these things done. It helps pass the time while I wait for Benji's arrival. To help keep my momentum going, I've been listening to the Twilight Saga on my MP3 player. I'm in the middle of book three. I may even bring it with me to the labor room. I can see it being a great distraction. I'm grateful for a semi-normal pregnancy and the promise of a healthy baby. All the bumps we've had along the way are fading memories. I know I have a bit more time to wait but I can hardly stand it. I'm anxious to get to the other side of this particular journey and meet this little fellow who is so very determined to join my family. I'm guessing I don't have much more than two weeks to go. We'll see. . . . . . .

1 comment:

Holli said...

Hooray! Talk about stamina - Benji. He's very patiently shared the womb with a pesky IUD for 36 weeks and counting. What a trooper...

And, I'm so glad to hear you've started the twilight series. It's excellent. You'll love it.